Monday 6 May 2013

The Decline

Life seems a lot brighter with a sheet of acid in your pocket, and with mine held close to my heart, the world was seeming pretty damn lucid - not only because of the promise of a fuck-ton of psychedelic journeys, but also because of the bonds that were presently being formed between me, my new woman, Julie, and and our friends.

Together, as a crew, we'd shown eachother a new frontier of interpersonal development. Our personalities thrived so well together that it seemed we were each growing at an exponential rate - spiritually, mentally, socially, even musically. The preposterous collaboration of instruments we owned (guitars, banjos, didgeridoos, mandolins, harmonicas, jew's harps - to start the list) made for a constant myriad of mystical melodies, propelling us through life with the most magical beauty.

Julie was one of the best parts, though. When our hands were linked, the world seemed to wink at us. It seemed for the first time in ages that I'd found someone who I could really go crazy with. Maybe I wasn't that crazy. Maybe everyone else was, and we could show the world a thing or two.

Those hopes weren't held high for long though. Once we'd taken our first hits of acid, things took a turn for the peculiar (though, what else could we expect from an acid trip?)

Julie and I, having had a lot of psychedelic experiences prior to our relationship, felt as if we were both comfortable enough with each other and the drugs to take things to an entirely new, intense level.

This decision was made before we dropped the acid, but the tides seemed to turn quickly. The moment the acid kicked in, Julie's mind melted into an incoherent blob of blabbering drool. She began dropping ambiguous hints of inuendo towards every guy in the group - particularly those closest to me. Slightly perturbed and a bit annoyed, we went into the forest to effectively have the most awkward moment on acid that the world has ever seen.

Once we found a soft patch of grass, our clothes hit the ground almost faster than we did, and we let the passion pounce onto us like phallic panthers. This didn't last too long, though - the somewhat telepathic connection that LSD grants two individuals told me through the look in her mind that her mind was somewhere else.

I finished us both up as fast as I could and we walked back to the group.

During this whole time, one of my friends - Feather - was drenched in a thick swath of psychedelic intensity. It seemed that while me and Julie had been preoccupied, he had been busy coming out of the closet and declaring that he wanted to come and join me and Julie - not to be with her, but to be with me? Considering he's always built himself a guise of extreme heterosexuality for the entire time I'd known him, I found this a bit funny... acid really brings out a new perspective on people.

Anyway, once we'd returned, we witnessed the most absurd and unbelievable decline into sexual insanity that has possibly ever occurred. As Julie's acid high heightened, her ability to articulate proper sentences faded. Each anecdote, joke, or idea she presented was fractured, retarded, and littered with innuendo to the point of incomprehensibility. Even during philosophical conversations shared between my friends, the only response that we could weasel out of her was that she wanted to fuck everyone, all over, all at once.

Fortunately, my friends were my friends and refused the service while I had a chance to talk to her and tell her what was up. Swearing into a monogamous relationship and then pulling this was a little bit ridiculous. My words were lost on her blank stare as she mumbled something about penises back at me, so I figured I'd let her know in the morning when she was in a bit more rational mindstate.

That hope wasn't held high, however, seeing as she never came down from the trip.

More, next time, in: THE JOURNAL OF DRUNKEN IDIOTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment