Sunday 5 May 2013

Transition.

Hand in hand, me and my new girl arose to the soft touch of the sunlight on our skins. We shared our warmth for a few more moments as we surveyed the room - beer cans stood as monuments that decorated every surface in the room, commemorating our absurd night. Comatose bodies lay passed out in awkward positions on chairs and floors.

We slowly switched our brains on and began to acknowledge our "responsibilities" - if you could call them that. Today was the day that we were going to brighten are journey with the acquisition of a shit-ton of psychedelics.

Jonah, the sanest of us - and the only one with a vehicle - loaded me and Julie into his car and we hit the road, on our way to Victoria.

The irony of the driver of a 4-wheel vehicle being the third wheel of our trio was lost on me while me and Julie lay intertwined in eachother's arms in the back seat.

The ride passed quickly and we finally arrived in the midst of the most ridiculous hailstorm that I think the island's ever seen. We parked the car and made a dash through the mad weather toward's our first destination: Lucy's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment