Monday 5 August 2013

Progress (poetic stance)

Wise words fly by my mind
like mosquitos buzzing by,
trying to suck the sanity from my soul.

Lost mid-sentence,
my thoughts flail like a lanky kid swimming upstream;
my curiosity careens past me
with more strength than the current;
intelligence intercepts my conceptual balance
like rapids, rumbling underneath my cerebrum so sullenly.

Yet, it is a wonder
that one can cast out a question like an oar,
and use it to pull themselves to a more sensible shore.

With feet once again planted on sandbanks of knowledge,
we can stand united in our mental progression,
while our bodies withstand an intended regression.
While we wither behind a blurred veil of sterile deception,
we have accepted the fact that we will reap no repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment