Monday 24 June 2013

Isolation (poetic stance)

Psychokinetic energy mangled my mind and disrupted my spirit's engine,
sending my brain into a sea of confusion.

Who, what, where, when, why?
I've been assailed by questions of unknown origin;
they soiled my brain like raindrops,
the main stops in my mentality became mutilated processions of indecipherable thought.

Who does one turn to when they've forgot what they stand for?
What does one stand for when they've no one to turn to?

The blinds shielded me from the predatory rays of happiness,
as I lay, slacked and discharged, wondering how to refuel reality.

Mid-ponder, a cataclysm of cacophonous cries called to me,
careening through my head;
a verbal stampede,
stomping their callous implications into my psyche
as if they were vikings,
pillaging and raping my mind.
Bits of grey matter became gold for their treasury.

The onslaught, soon satiated, quickly abated and fled from my head.
I thought I'd nothing before, but now I had less than nothing.
Though, in a way - is that not more?

No comments:

Post a Comment