Monday 24 June 2013

Isolation

Damn. A thousand bucks down and we hadn't even started our journey. The only thing we had started was a painful dependance on alcohol. The litres of booze that we'd consumed was utterly and retardedly impressive, so I decided to take a night off and hang out with the Mums, now that we'd regrouped in Nanaimo. 

She was a bit shocked to see me (having just paid rent for a house, despite spending only four nights at it) but she welcomed me with open arms. She whirled up a fantastic stir fry whose flavours were comprised of a myriad of epicly delicious proportions.


Following the meal, I was shown by my own brain how strongly I'd come to rely on alcohol by the onset of some gnarly withdrawal symptoms. These weren't your everyday hangover effects, marked by nausea and vertigo, oh no. This included those, but there was also an onslaught of audio hallucinations, reminiscent of the days I'd spent binging on drugs and arguing with the voices in my head. 


Maybe some weed could knock some sense into the subconscious chatter in my head? Right as I readied myself to walk up the street to spend my last five bucks on a doobie, my mom informed me that she no longer needed her stash of roaches anymore. She passed them off to me. 


That was the first surprise; the second surprise was that I found a bag with a small dose of chenga (herbs soaked in dimethyltryptamine) that I'd forgotten about. It had been gifted to me by Zezza , a dreadlocked cutie with a boatload of sass who was planning to come travel with us. 


I mixed the chenga in with some weed and lit up the doobie, preparing myself for some mild visuals with relaxing tunes . This was not the case however, for as I hauled back the first toke I was plucked from reality so fast that I couldn't even coordinate my hands well enough to use YouTube and put on a song. I leaned back and let the DMT consume my reality. 


As I closed my eyes, I found myself looking from a distance at a monstrous entity that I could only label as the Creator. To be in the presence of such omnipotence was overwhelming, and I reached out with my mind, asking the Creator if I could touch him. The wish was granted to the umpteenth degree as the being held out his massive arm and pulled me out of my body. 


I watched him whip my flailing body in front of his gaping jaws. A cataclysm of cacophanous cries arose from his bowels. "You are MINE. I CREATED YOU." His screams echoed through my head like nails screeching against the chalkboard of my brain. "YOU. ARE. MINE." He tossed me in the air as if to catch me in between his jaws and shred me apart. Instead, he caught me again and threw me back into reality so hard that my eyes flew open. 


Whoa. Time to sleep that off methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment